Friday 18 May 2007

My First Words…

My First Words…
No… Its not that I’ve just learnt to talk… or read or write for that matter.
Its just that this is the first time for me to be writing a blog!

As with everybody there are plenty of things I wonder about and still could write pages and pages on. But then all the inhibitions surface and kill the creativity within me.

And what inhibitions? Would it be boring? Why would or should anybody read what “I” write? Do I write personal stuff? Why?

And then you might think I’m a pessimist. I’m not – not all the time… I vary between the two extremes of hopefulness and hopelessness.

But I recently read some blogs on this site and thought why not give it a shot! At least I’d know what’s it like to publish my thoughts…
And well this is not the first time I’m putting my thoughts to words. I’ve written a few poems in the past which I’ve shared with some of closest friends and they have been appreciated. Mind you my friends did not necessary agree with my views but appreciated what I wrote…

And now without again running into the risk of getting into the mundane stuff I’m gonna be closing this one and think of what next I would be writing about…

3 comments:

Risha said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!!

I understand your feelings while publishing your first blog, I went through the exact same feelings, coz my vocab is not good, my thoughts not clear, but then one of my friends said that don't bother about what people would say, or would they like to read, you write for yourself, just enjoy writing, and in your case, well you write poems too, so I don't think you should inhibit any apprehensions :-)

Would love to read some of your poems and your thoughts, thoughts of an independant woman !!!

Hope to see the next one soon :-). Now blog will be on your mind 24 x 7, shd i blog this? neah..no that ones better :-)

-P said...

Thanx risha.
I'll remember this. I anyways write for myself rather than anybody else... for that matter I do everything for myself (call me selfish - and I need to write another blog on this :) )
well what u said is true... I'm already thinking about my next blog !!

Unknown said...

wonderful first words!!!
You have a sincere reader ... me :) .please give me a dekho to your poems too.