Tuesday 26 October 2010

Fog(gy) Memories…

Early morning scene today -
Location: Out of my window.
I get up and look outside the window and see that my neighbourhood is covered in a white blanket of sorts. I have to walk out the door into the balcony and check instinctively. I smell the air – there is a certain crisp to it. It is not smoke – not the pollution you are now so accustomed to… OOO it is fog! Fog that diffuses the early sun rays and the one which will dissipate as the rays become intense.
The fog, the cool weather all of this has become so rare in these recent years – something attributed to global warming - that it seems distant now..
I instantly apparated (from Harry Potter) into my school days. This brings back the anticipation we used to have as kids – of the soon to come Diwali festivities with fond memories of the school vacation associated with it. Then it brings back the memories of the approaching winter, of snuggling blankets and not wanting to get up early, of going to school early morning any way and enjoying the ride on dad’s scooter, of wearing the red school cardigan…
All this hidden somewhere in you and lost in the daily grind only to be brought back unexpectedly one fine day…
Oh all the nostalgia!

No comments: