Tuesday 3 February 2009

My 30 mins of…

No, not fame.

Basic needs.

Oxygen.
Ok I am not writing this to boast that I went out for a walk this morning. In fact I’d say, far from boasting. This was one of my resolutions – exercising and a whole month after making the resolution, I am trying to put it into practice. Better late than never, what say?
That is beside the point though.
So I went to the park for a morning walk today. When I started on my way, the air was nice and crisp and chill, quite early so not much traffic on the usually busy streets.
Then I took 3 laps of the long (c’mon, gimme some credit) jogging track. My time was up and I started on my way back!
I have never felt the weight of air before! One step out of the park gates and I had this feeling of going into thick air. I was shocked as the realisation hit me that what I (and you) breathe every moment is so polluted, so contaminated, so carbonated! It was in stark contrast with the pure oxygen that I inhaled just a minute ago.
And now I can only hope that this fresh air has stirred some cells in my brain and those will want me to go and exercise in the park more often (I was going to write every morning but I don’t want to jinx it).
Tomorrow I shall take deep breaths – just to rake in more benefits!

1 comment:

Pushpa said...

things that we take for granted...