Saturday 23 May 2009

About moving...

Being in the profession that I am in, I need to travel. When this travel is to different places, outside India and when it is for short duration, then I welcome this change. It is a great learning experience both workwise and otherwise. You tend to meet a lot of new people, learn about new cultures, new food and new places.
Another interesting aspect for me is clicking lots of pictures! Every place has got different sights to offer even more so when I get to see different seasons!
Ironically though, when this same job transfers me to another location in my own country, I think of it as an occupational hazard! I (and most like me) refuse such projects ordinarily. Needless to say, the kind of economy prevailing now has taken away this luxury of refusing such offers. Thus, I have moved to Mumbai.
I like to think of this as a temporary move - maybe only to think of this as positive and there is no denying that I am indeed here to learn some new skills.
Its not that I am new to Mumbai, I have been coming here as a kid as my grand parents hail from here. I started my career here and yet coming back here seems like I am back to doing what I was 10 years ago!
I wonder why is it that moving to a far distant place is more readily accepted and this relatively closer move yet not truly sunk in?

No comments: