Tuesday 12 May 2009

Immobile…

Well, yes that’s what I was!
Glad to break up that word now and say – I’m mobile!
As you know I am in the habit of making a story of every mundane thing too, so why not this?
So here it is…
Last Tuesday while getting off the bus, I sprained my foot at the ankle. There was a biggish stone and my foot just twisted over it and that left me unable to stand. I just sat then and there on the steps of the bus. I recently read that with injury to the foot, it might lead to fainting due to congestion of blood to the injured area. (Can you tell I am showing off, but I read this in a novel and thus am not sure of its authenticity though I did some reading on this on the net).
Well anyways with the rickshaws on strike (another blasphemous post on that later) during that very period, I decided to stay in office for the whole day with my swollen ankle. No, before you start chastising my friends, I declined a couple of my friends who wanted to come all the way to drop me off home. I was sure it was not all that serious to put them through the trouble.
So there I sat through the whole day with some pain and agony. Next day I got an x-ray done and was glad that there was no fracture! This sprain did leave me immobile for the following 2-3 days though.
Swelling not altogether gone and some area black and blue near the toes.
One good thing out of this – I took a 3 days off work and relaxed, did nothing at all! Now it’s not very often that this happens – that I take days off from work for nothing and do that (nothing).
But now, I am mobile again. Back at work too.

PS: If you find some parts of this post all garbled/muddled up, remember it is because of the blood congestion and my sensible mind is not party to this gibberish!

4 comments:

unemployed-spirits said...

take care girl

Unknown said...

Hey I kinda like this concept of using Hinglish script...like uve done in ur blog header...amazing how the brain still manages to read it with ease....:)...n are the pics of flowerspart of ur photography skills:)!!??...gal...ur blog is a complete expression of ur creativity:)..God bless...keep rocking!

unemployed-spirits said...

hey lovely banner, yes now when i am in Mumbai i will give you a call. Atleast we will meet there.

-P said...

thanks gals...
Vasu, I was thinking of changing the theme from my 'Its only words' coz it is not that anymore :) and so wanted a new one. What better than using the photographs I clicked! and the script - I thought I should still stick to sensible gibberish coz its nothing else :) so the words 'sensible' written sensibly and the 2nd words gibberish!