Wednesday 28 January 2009

1, 2 ka 4

What can you do if you are gonna be sitting at home for 3 days in a row (ok occasional trip to the grocery market excluded) and not get bored? Catch up on some movies. This past weekend being the long weekend that it was, well that’s what I did!
4 movies in 3 days – not too much but quite enough hours of sitting watching some screen – TV or laptop!
Well that’s not the point though.

I am not a big movie buff and hold off watching most movies till I hear decent reviews barring some exceptions. The downside is I need to wait till at least the second week of a release of good (surprise) movies before I see them. And then there are those which I chose to ignore till they come on DVD/VCD and I borrow from others! Yes you read it – borrow – I only own the choicest of them – which I can watch repeatedly without tiring.

Well that’s not the point either.
I am not a big fan of action movies.
I tend to sleep thru’ silly hindi movies – there are some which do not even have the bollywood masala to make it spicy!
I sometimes like to watch scary movies.
I am ok with animated movies once in a while but I have found very few which are really good.

So coming back to where I started, 4 movies in 3 days.
I watched ‘New Police Story’ – a Jackie Chan movie – ACTION. Unintentionally! I dunno what I was thinking – expecting this to be from the Police Academy series. After a while realised that I had expectations which were not to be fulfilled but for want of anything better to do, I continued watching this.

The next movie, that same night was a hindi movie ‘Saas, bahu aur sensex’. Don’t ask me why. And painful though it was, I watched it all. In spite of having the remote in my hand and the willingness to just stop it, I did not! Call me crazy!

It had been a while since I watched a scary movie. After the ghost stories from our ‘gals night out’ (see below post Gals just wanna have fun’), I was eager to watch one. When my sister’s friend offered a CD, I just had to grab it. Thus, came ‘the Grudge’.

Next was Shrek-3. Not as exciting as the 1st one I have to say but ok.

This is the 1st time I watched movies of different genres together… and liked the scary one the best!
Scary?

2 comments:

Dipsy said...

hehe.. am sure u liked the scary one to get sm ideas to try on ;)

Unknown said...

haha....
4 movies in 3 days?

its happened with me as well....
for me it was 1, 2 ka 5. and that too in a night's time....
yes...5 movies/natak

She's the man
Kusum manohar lele
Dr tumhi suddha
khara sangayche tar....
stranger than fiction

it started on one friday evening n continued until it was Saturday 6 in morning....
thats why i don't like staying alone at home :)