Thursday 17 July 2008

Cleansing


I was cleaning out all the e-trash from my machine. I have a lot of old-stuff hanging about and it was time I cleaned it and made some space. I had some idea of how much of old data I have been carrying but I did not realise the magnitude till I actually started the clean-up drive! Phew! Its gonna take me days.
One thing led to another and I started cleaning up my mails as well. Now that was a mammoth task. Consider some mails lying around since 2002 – yeah that’s what I said 2002! I have been pretty organised (some modesty huh!) but that sometimes is a curse. I have some 20 personal folders (pst) files to be cleaned. Now you know why I say it’s a curse! I wish it were as easy as deleting the whole pst at one shot. Alas! I compel myself to keep some important communication and delete the rest.
So there its quite a bit of stuff to keep me occupied for the rest of the week, if not more. I have no reason to complain (you would know if you have read my t…i…c…k… t…o…c…k… blog). So what is this all about?
The point to ponder on was – while I was cleaning out some of the old mails, I realised it is not only the mailbox or the machine that needs a clean-up. I need to de-clutter my mind too. This led me to thinking -

Maybe its time to cleanse my system as well.
Maybe its time to stop dwelling in the past.
Maybe its time to move on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey that post ended on a very valid philosophy!Almost asking me to follow it:)Well, while cleaning up(be it mails or letters) i always find it real hard to decide which one to put under "Shift+Del" group!invariably end up minimising jst 2-5%:(..But yes, talking of unwanted clutter in our system..i agree, its a total waste and we dont have space to maintain archives without affecting the hard disk;)!

regards,
S.Vasudha