Monday 7 July 2008

Exhausted but refreshed

Yeah this is paradoxical. I never said what I write is all sensible!

Every year around this time, we have these incorporate sports tournaments with matches for badminton, table tennis, football etc. Every year, this time few enthusiasts (sport enthusiasts will not be entirely correct – please read on for why) like me pick up the badminton racket and are all charged up to play! Further to explain why I can’t call myself a sports enthusiast, I held the racket in my hand last year and then now. In this meanwhile I have not taken any efforts to work on my stamina and neither my shape. Needless to say, you can imagine the quality of my game. And then I show up on the day of the tournament and face what comes my way. Brave eh? Nah – stupid is more like it!

This time it is a little better though, I have actually played twice before the actual tournament. After the first practice session, I knew the worth of my game and was all set to quit. Yeah I played that well! Then thanks to mom, I did not withdraw entirely (though I did from the singles event). Nonetheless after the second practice game, we all were shaken and decided that we just have to play – tournament or no tournament. So it goes that we played for a good two hours on Saturday. That felt good – physically and mentally. I was dead tired and all the body parts aching but happy all the same – Pleasure in pain as they say!

Thus we have decided we shall play every Saturday (at least if not more) to keep up our energy levels. Am not sure if playing once a week will do the wonders of keeping me fit, but its not too bad for the first step (shot if you please) is it! Also keeping up the hope that our resolve to play would not die down like all the other plans.

1 comment:

Risha said...

hmmm..good luck.
you always inspire ppl around u, so i am confident u will do just fine!