Wednesday 16 July 2008

Utterly Butterly!

Yeah that’s right, this is the tag line of Amul butter and I am indeed going to talk about it.
I shall not talk about butter though and only about Amul butter as a brand. I am very much impressed by the advertising agency who works for Amul. They come up with the campaign with the most recent topic for the week and it is linked to Amul in an amazing way! For quite a few months (years is it?) I have been noticing this hoarding at the main crossroads at Deccan – just at the onset of the Lakdi pool. The spot they secured was great too as it is a busy crossroad and the waiting time at the signal quite a bit.
They say you don’t miss something until you lose it! How true it is. It is a treat to watch this and I quite look forward to it. I had not realised that I like to know what is the latest that they have come up with. This was until sometime last month or before that, the hoarding I am referring to was pulled down. Some construction work began at the location and I started missing this Ad campaign. Last week, on my way back from office, looking out of the bus window, I notice this black and white billboard! From all my ranting above you would know that this was for Amul and I was glad about it!
A tribute was being paid to the great Sam ‘Bahadur’ Manekshaw who recently passed away.
This week the theme is – There is an arena and a person sitting on a bull (as it is so closely associated with Spain!). He has tennis gear on him. Clearly they are celebrating Rafael Nadals’ victory at Wimbledon. And the punch line says 'Rafa ka Lafa' and tag line says Amul ‘Fed on it’ so honouring Federer as well!
Delicious I would say!

Dictionary:
delicious
(dĭ-lĭsh'əs)
adj.
Highly pleasing or agreeable to the senses, especially of taste or smell.
Very pleasant; delightful: a delicious revenge.

No comments: