Thursday 26 March 2009

I am not sport…

All this while I used to think otherwise. I realised this very recently – in fact just yesterday.
I lost a table tennis match. Didn’t take it too well.
Well I know I’m not the best at this game but I do play a decent game and getting out in the first round of a knock-out just did that – knocked me out! Well I fretted and fumed after the game and was grumpy… for a while.
You see I just hate to lose. Well that does not mean that I never lose or I don’t play with strong competition. I like that. But you know I HATE to lose. Who doesn’t like to win now?
I resorted to retail therapy and my mood changed.
Upon reflection, this realisation hit me that I am not a good sport and maybe I should change that, take defeat positively.
All the same, that’s not gonna stop me from wanting to win every game I play (I boast “I play to win!”).
Can I call myself a good sport now?

PS: I didnt mean to be away for so long... just could not think of anything to write...

No comments: