Monday 2 March 2009

What a start …


…of the day, week, month!
I came in to office today realising on my way that I forgot my cell phone at home… I thought its alright I don’t get too many calls anyway and besides my cell was switched off over the weekend so another day would not matter much.

After reaching my desk, I realised that my chair was missing so I went hunting for a comfortable chair. I was looking at chairs in the bay next to mine which is practically empty these days.
So here I was testing the chairs and deciding which one I should pick. The first one was not to my liking so I tried the one next to it. There I sat and I fell down, backwards! Didn’t realize it was broken. To me that one second when I fell was a long time. I felt like I almost floated down. Luckily there were no sharp edges around there as I had pulled the chair into the open before trying and I wasn’t hurt. Thankfully not many people had come in then and I could get up on my own. No scratches, no bruises, no pain. It was almost hilarious!
Can you believe while I was falling I could only think of

‘Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall…
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall…’

Can’t stop laughing now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh.. how i wish i was there :) One reason to feel sorry for coming in late ;)

Risha said...

oh dear!! heh e he

Unknown said...

hahaha...well, i really did laugh when i read this!haha....wonder what makes this image of one person falling so funny. History has it how Draupadi couldnt control her laughter when she saw Duryodhan slip and fall!Check this link that proves the scientific context of why we tend to find this funny.Seems there are some GHost Neurons dat tickle us;-)!!!
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=ask-the-brains-why-do-we-laugh
Maybe Draupadi wasnt to be blamed so much after all;-)!!...Hahaha