Tuesday 7 April 2009

And into the water I dive…

Well not dive really… But step into the water doesn’t sound as interesting!
Today was the first day of my swimming classes.

All the gals who have patiently listened to my swimming woes from last year, here I do it finally!
Woke up early morning ( 5.15 am is early now) full of excitement, anxiety, nervousness which comes with anything that is new!
Went to the pool to see my instructor waiting for me. A round of introductions. Here I am all showered and ready to enter the pool. A set of basic instructions…
Coach seems good, experienced.

What consisted of my first day?
Trying to stay afloat, leg movements for butterfly stroke and breathing techniques..
Breathing was ok, leg movements - well could manage too. Cannot yet stay afloat though.
Just before I left for the day my instructor warned me of pains in the shoulders, back and legs (all from being stiff).

Am excited.
Shall log about my progress.

PS: Swimming is one of my this years resolutions… one more down! And now I shall take VS's advice and keep ticking off my resolutions (I was waiting for this particular one).

No comments: