Friday 20 June 2008

The Pause

As I’ve already written in this blog and most of you, my friends, know I read – a lot. I need something to keep my idle brain occupied lest the frustration start creeping in and I go mad (I know some of you would say that I am already mad – in which case u don’t wanna see me getting madder still!). That’s not the topic of this blog though. I manage to have a steady supply of books, through friends, friend’s friends, friend’s friend’s friends (well yeah!!) and thanks to all of them I get to read lot more than I could have if I were to purchase every book I read. So thanks to this supply, I usually have two books with me – one that I’m reading and the next one lined up for reading.

I read and finish the book. Most of the times it takes a long time to finish the last few pages (as I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs – ‘For a few pages more’).
Even so I usually take a ‘pause’ after reading the book in hand and picking up the next one. At this time, I think about the story, the characters, go back and read some of the incidents/interesting chapters again.
That is also the case with movies. If I’m watching a particular movie for the first time, I prefer not to watch another movie back to back. Some high impact movies, I play the movie in my head lying down on my bed.

Sometimes I wonder, is it only me who needs this pause?

No comments: